Friday 4 October 2024

Why do these eyes of mine cry?

Why is sadness overwhelming me today?
Why do these eyes of mine cry? 
I miss you my darling father
I miss those days long gone by
Happier days in my childhood 
Gladness was always the way 
Spring/Summer sunshine 
Sweet smiles, laughter and play

Mum’s busy hands in her kitchen
Ever ready to cook up a storm
As many plates on her table we laid 
During those wonderful warm holidays
Family gatherings were her forte 
Laughter echoing throughout the halls 
As grandchildren ran about at play 

Ah these memories bring such pleasure 
My tears are beginning to dry 
As I sit back trying to savour 
Each wonderful day that’s gone by 
Is this a curse or a blessing? 
That my mind is filled to the brim
With such wondrous clear visions 
As I recall so many precious times…

No comments:

Post a Comment