Sunday 11 January 2015

Pink jellyfish

Sunset at Christie's Beach
Thought to seek release
Thought to cool off
Escape from the heat

The water was refreshing
The sun was going down
How was I to know
About those jellyfish all around

I waded in and dived
Went underneath the waves
Found that coolness
Found that bliss I craved

Saw a little jellyfish
As I was paddling out
Thought nothing of it
Why spoil the peace at stake

Found the rocks inviting
Found a school of fish
Enclosed within the waters
Drawn in: embraced at last

As the sun dipped lower
All around the waters changed
Suddenly: pink jellyfish
All around me played

The stinging started slowly
Then escalated: rose apace
Everywhere were jellyfish
Pink...white...invisible to sight

Their tendrils sweeping gracefully
Their movements mesmerised
But as I turned to escape them
Tentacles entangled my retreat

I swept them aside with my fingers
I swam to escape their stings
But still I felt those stingers
All around my arms, my neck, my legs

I reached the shore at last
I headed up the beach
Thought to rid myself  of the pain
But still it stung again and again

Got home and showered then
Applied Aloe Vera everywhere
But nothing helped to ease the sting
Until the healing salve was brought in

Thank you Lord for the beautiful sights
Thank you for the cooling swim
Thank you Lord for everything I have
Thank you Lord for granting me
This precious life I am living!




No comments:

Post a Comment