Monday 1 August 2022

Hospital melancholy

I hate lying here with a drip 
Waiting for the next test 
Wish they could simply 
Move me up that waiting list 
I’m fed up with fasting 
Fed up with being fed up 
God, please help me cope 
Get me through this mope 
I want to run, have some fun
Ahh…another vampire taking blood 
I want to eat some delicious food 
Felt like a prisoner on death row 
Had a famous last meal you know 
Last night the lentil lasagna 
Tasted ooooh sooo gooood
The jelly and custard was divine 
I could eat another one right now 
But I’m fasting once again
And every advert on TV 
Shows me strawberries and then 
Children eating cookies once again 
My stomach rumbles with desire 
As I imagine; salivate and perspire 
At least I can dream of another meal
Surely time will finally reveal
Some respite from this undesirable plight 

No comments:

Post a Comment