Sunday 29 October 2023

Collector of useless things

In days gone by, yes, long ago
During those trying times I’ll let you know 
Sadness came to settle upon my brow 
In those desperate times I fell
Deep down into the darkest well

It’s taken me many many years 
To overcome all my pain, my shame 
But up into daylight again I came 
Dragging myself through terrible pain
To finally reach this finish line 

I found myself collecting useless things
Hoping to deny that painful sting 
My collections grew by and by 
Until I was lost within those piles 
Trying to stem that miserable tide 

It took me years to realise why pain
Was causing all that sadness 
Deep inside my heart and soul
Those things in life I could not control
Were dragging me deeper still

Surrounded, I built that wall higher still
Attempting to stem that mighty tide 
For deep within, my inner crying child
Was drowning, pulled by that undertow 
So lost within, none could truly know

Now as I am able to look deep within
Now that I am happy within this skin
I can finally see how lost my life had been
How I hid behind those useless things 
Seeking solace from those useless things


No comments:

Post a Comment