Saturday 17 February 2024

Lost sense of smell

It’s sad but true 
I’m telling you 
My sense of smell
Oh what the hell
It’s gone; deceased
Been released 
Been gone a while 
Actually I smile 
Couldn’t smell those nappies
The smelliest ones 
Of my grandchildren 
Maybe it’s a good thing?
Forget that…No
I’d love to smell roses
Bouquets and posies
Wish I could tell if my scent 
Is alright; guess I’ve learnt 
To ask another 
To lend me their ears?
Not their ears but their nose
I’d say “smell this for me” 
Please help me to see…
Help me to taste too
That’s different as well 
Oh what the hell
I have to overcompensate 
More chilli, more spice 
More flavours to splice 
Into meals: into everything 
I have to add this bling 
Oh sometimes it’s too much
That cayenne’s lost its punch 
Too late once it’s added 
Guess my brain is addled
I can blame the aenemia
The hepatitis A too 
To these I say “boo”
Give me back my senses 
Make some recompenses 
But it ok truly it is 
I’m alive; happy not blue 




No comments:

Post a Comment