Saturday 7 July 2012

Ode to Paul Simon

Listened to your lyrics in the car
Heard your words of deep despair
How is it possible that you could be
Lost for words that rhyme; like me
And yet I understand your plight
Everyone of us is guided by the light
I know sometimes the light seems dim
That's when I really must turn to Him
So many times I've been so low
Didn't know which way to turn or go
We must all be thankful for what we've got
So many blessings we've been given
Every breath we take is such a blessing
I see how much you've been blessed
I hear your words; feel your pain
As I listen to your soul's refrain
If you don't have downs
How can you appreciate the ups
Love your many songs and repartees
You bring such joy to my heart
Through these ears I hear your plea
My heart and soul awake to hear
Your innermost feelings therein; set free

I send my loving thoughts to thee
I thank you for your many words 
Of joy and pain released
I long to hear them all again
Though never will I ever be compared to thee







No comments:

Post a Comment