Saturday 7 July 2012

Ode to Sir Paul McCartney

Sir Paul McCartney; musician; poet; lyricist!
Famous left-handed bass player
(Never knew this till I watched Millionaire Hot Seat)
You have been in my life for many a long year
Often made me smile; sometimes brought a tear 
To my eye; with your words; your melodies
Even watched you as a kid; Beatles music: loved you all!
Loved you through thick and thin!
You were always my favourite one
The cutest smile; the best looker; that's for sure!
But it's for your your words and music
That I loved you best and longest!
You've touched my heart with your love songs
You are a legend in my eyes
You have serenaded the whole wide world
With your precious words and songs
How could anyone explain your gift
As anything but God-given!
You have been truly blessed! 
So sorry to hear of your loss
Dear Linda; your companion; now asleep in God
Never should have married the second one
But loneliness is ever a painful state
Hope you're happy now at long last
Nancy looks to have retrieved your smile
It was gone for quite a while
Sir Paul the world looks on
As you go about your life
What a wonderful message 
Your songs have brought
Love is the greatest gift of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment