Thursday 15 September 2016

Letter to my daughter

Heard a song upon the radio
By Allen Jackson; this is how it goes

Let my mistakes be your stepping stones
Walk upon the rocks I stumbled on 

Well dear girls I must confess
I made enough mistakes for us all
Please learn from my stupid choices
Please; all you girls; hear my voice; it's
Easier to watch another; whether sister
Your aunt; your dear old mother
Once we were young; just like you
We did our best; tried and tested 
Many things we did just the same
Silly things; we took the blame
But please listen; hear my plea
Don't do stupid things like me
Why not learn a thing or two
Why fall apart when there's no need 
So please don't cry about your lost love
Remember; another will come along
I know it hurts when your heart breaks
I've been there too: made my mistakes
If I could save you from pain and hurt
Then my confession: for all it's worth
Could save you from this disgrace
Save you from all the shame
Please: let me take that blame





No comments:

Post a Comment