Sunday 25 September 2016

Renewed


Today my blanket was unravelled
Completely...
I returned to that very beginning 
From almost 40 years ago
None of that old blanket remains
It became many balls of wool again
It was reborn...
It became a brand new blanket
Renewed; reused; re-crocheted
It's pattern is totally unlike the first
Yet has it really changed?
It is warm and inviting
It still does the job it needs to do
It is functional and has a purpose
Though the wool is old
It still retains its original colour
I might be getting old
But I am still useful
I am capable of many things
Inside; I still feel like a teenager
I might be wrinkled and look aged
But I still have feelings; needs; uses
I still need to feel loved and accepted
I still need to feel appreciated
I still need to do things; to feel alive
Just because we get older
Doesn't mean we are useless
We are simply reborn
Like the Phoenix of old
Reborn of our ashes
Renewed in spirit
Just as we will be
When Jesus comes again

No comments:

Post a Comment