Thursday 5 January 2017

Extra strong peppermints

Dad asked for "extra strong peppermints"
in a blue packet he said
Mum used to buy them for him
Don't know where she got them 
I replied; cannot be denied; I didn't know
Did the shopping at the mall
The Amcal chemist right next door
Knew I had to let them know
Mum would no longer; her tablets; require
The lady mentioned mum's Amcal card
I asked if she had any points to use
Yes indeed she replied; over $15
Asked about a cream for my rash
No they didn't have that 
It's dad's birthday tomorrow i cried
And there right in front of me
At my very fingertips...
Were the "strong peppermints" he desired
Exactly 5 packets; added up
To almost the exact dollar value
A birthday present for dear old dad
From dear mum; gone to her grave..

No comments:

Post a Comment