Sunday 30 July 2017

Dreaming of Martha

I was with you in my dream
Last night...
Sat beside you; talked a while
Just like we used to do
Just like when we were young
Martha; my sister; my friend dear
How I wish you lived nearer
Wish I could hold you close
Touch your cheek
Wipe away your tears...
Your family was around you
Faces of people I did not know
You were saddened....
By the passing of your mother-in-law
I felt your exhaustion
Heard your tired breathing 
As we sat side by side...
Went outside; i followed you
Quickly you sat down
Upon the ground
Got your hands dirty
Right there in that soil
Planting your precious flowers
There; enjoying your toil
I saw you were relaxed at last
I watched as you breathe
Simply pass you by...

Today it is your birthday
So I sent my love dear sister
I wish you all good things
I hope you can relax a while
Feel the love around you
Maybe sit; chill out a while
Stay strong for your family
This sadness too shall pass
Another new day is dawning 
As you go about your mourning 
It does get easier my darling 
Just give it a little while...

Love you and your precious family
God bless you and keep you safe

20th July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment