Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sabbath Sunshine

Sitting in the winter sun
Trying to have fun
So much pain within me 
I must thank God; for he
Has given me a blessed day
Of rest; to ease my way
Thank you for the sunshine bright 
Thank you for making all right 
Without your love I could not smile
Without your blessings I could not shine 
I have felt so very sad; lost
I have felt; tempest tossed
These hurts inside my heart; soul
Made me feel so desperately cold
Deserted; abandoned; without hope 
Some days; wondered; how will I cope?
Lost my mum just 6 months ago...
The pain within me continues to grow
Just as surely as does the morning sun arise
Here inside; I've get despised
Lost my home; my grandchildren; gone
Overseas; none left to sit upon my knees
I long for their cuddles; laughter too
I miss their sweetness; I'm telling you 
Can't believe this inner turmoil 
Can't understand why life's like this...
But along with all this pain and loss
Is the strength within me that I find?
The love sent for me; warm; kind
A new beginning; positive; true
Like a Phoenix I will arise
From these ashes; from this pain 
There is so very much wisdom too
I must learn to trust again...
Accept that what's past is past
Look forward to a life renewed...
For all of this
My dear Lord; I thank you!

1 July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment