Saturday 2 September 2017

Family life

I love my family
My children are precious 
To me they are my life 
Such a shame then 
That some only cause me strife 
What pleasure can be gained 
When we are in accord 
When we are all loving 
When we speak a civil word 
It is with sadness that I sigh 
Wishing sad days had gone by 
Miss my mum so very much 
Miss my grandchildren too
But my daughter; though I love her 
Can't seem to recover 
From the distance between us two
Anger flames within me 
At the way she has betrayed
With her hard hearted words 
They cut like samurai swords 
I cannot believe it 
But it has happened all the same 
Though I gave everything 
It was never enough 
I was "selfish and greedy"
In her damning eyes 
But though I love her 
Though I wish I could move on 
Her words they fall like boulders 
Crashing in my ears 
And the pain returns more deeply 
At the way she has betrayed 
God I ask for your forgiveness
For the way my life has gone 
Help me to be more forgiving 
Help me to clear the slate 
Help cease from complaining 
Help me deeply contemplate 
With loving thoughts to ponder 
I pray it's not too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment