Monday 21 May 2018

My glorious country

I love this sun-burnt country
This land of great extremes
From its sandy white beaches
To the tallest Eucalyptus trees
Black swans and soaring eagles
Amazing bird-life; flying free
I love these glorious red gold sunsets
I adore her dark beautiful skies
I've shared in her magnificent bounty
I've eaten the occasional meat pies
Enjoyed tasty Aussie barbies
Watched dad imbibe her bitter beers
Sat and watched her finest sportsmen
Heard many magnificent cheers
I've swam across the mighty Murray
Caught shrimp to bait fishing hooks
Climbed a few steep mountains
Sat beside cool babbling brooks
Driven her dry dusty back roads
Along Salt Creek's 42 mile crossing
Between the Coorong and the sea
Watched waves fiercely tossing
Her Southern Right Whales playing
Watched seals and dolphins gleefully
Made some beautiful memories
Ahhh... this wide brown land for me

26th January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment