Thursday 27 December 2018

It's been two years since I watched you slip away

Missing you my darling mum
It's been 2 years today
Since I watched you slip away
Rest in peace sweetheart...
All I have of you are memories
Kept here within my heart and mind
All others see is this photograph of you
A commemorative CD; a few things in kind...
But to me you were so much more
To me you were my precious mum
Though we didn't always see eye to eye
Together we watched the years skip by
You were there with me at every single birth
My precious babies filled you with such mirth
You held them close; cuddled them; held them dear
Taking them into your enormous heart; I shed a tear
For them you would give everything
You made them clothes; knitted; crocheted
Until you could no longer hold those knitting needles
Until you could only watch them; as they too
Had precious great grandchildren for you
We have passed on all those beautiful works of heart
That you had so lovingly created...
Now your great grand daughter wears those cardigans
Evaleah is being photographed in your creations...
You were the first person I actually watched die...
I was afraid when you breathed your last
I ran to the nurses at the Berri Hospital
Only to be told "It's okay; that's the way it happens"
I sat beside you until the undertaker came
I couldn't bear to leave you alone; not that you knew
You were asleep in God's arms; knowing nothing
Your body only a shell that your soul had used
To travel through this life; your soul had fled
Your essence rose from that empty shell
That had been you; it was no longer needed...
The only other dead people I had seen before
Were Nana Lindy and my late husband Tim
They were cold and grey...
Lifeless effigies of their former selves...
I never rally had the chance to know my grandparents
They lived in Hungary; so very far away
They lived and died there; I only met them once
My Szabo grandparents for a year...Imre and Julianna
When they travelled here to visit us in the late 1960's
My Szekeres grandparents when they visited for 3 months
in 1981; I finally got to meet them...Sandor and Roza
Just over two and a half months ago
I watched my dear father slip away
Rest in peace my darling dad
I miss you both so very much
I hope that souls of loved ones do get to meet up again
In heaven; to be together for eternity; as you both deserve
I once asked my dad "was mum your first girlfriend?"
He replied; with a twinkle in his eye
"My first and my last!
The best woman ever to grace this earth"
They met when he was 16 and she was 13
They were together for over 65 years
Married for 60 long years
Only with each other all their lives...
Rest in peace my darlings
I miss you so very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment