Sunday 9 December 2018

The hungry duckling

She came into my vision
Poor little scrawny thing 
Looking bedraggled; starving 
Looking to eat; simply anything 
The look she gave me; begging
"Please feed me some morsel
Please give me anything"
I took pity on God's little creature
Sought to ease her suffering
Found the crust of a loaf inside
Brought it to her; hurrying
I broke it into tiny little pieces
The water; softening...
She came eagerly towards me
Almost flying; scurrying
Gulping down soggy bread crumbs
Quickly; desperately
With great urgency she ate...
The next day I couldn't find her
I was worried to say the least
Poor little darling creature
Poor little hungry beast
Today she came again to find me
That look of pain within her eyes
Looking just a little stronger
I was glad to help her; it felt nice
To see her quickly come in closer
To see the longing in her eyes
And as I bent toward her
I knew now; she would survive...

3rd December 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment