Saturday 16 March 2019

Middle March

The tears slipped
Between my eyelids
I thought I was asleep
But suddenly I knew
I was; again
Dreaming of you
I'm missing you
My darling dad
I miss those
Carefree days we had
When time was young
And we were free
To simply live
To simply be

It's dark outside
The same within
I am desolate
Empty: worn thin
I've hardly had
Time to grieve
As time slows down
I must believe
The time will come
When time again will
Begin to move along
For here within
This heart of mine
There is a song
Though still it shines

From this pain too
I assume; I will arise
No longer will you see
This sadness here in my eyes
In a little while
I hope to show
That I can smile
That I can grow
And then all will know
That life goes on
That is the way it is
We are born to die
We are meant to cry

So wipe my tears
Hold me close
Please grant me
Just another dose
Of sunshine; rainbows too
These things I need
As I think of you

So I'll cast upon the waters
Flowers for both of you
Yes: homage from your daughter
Ah mum and dad...
Though I know you had to go
Still it hurts
To miss you both

These tears I cry
Must be shed

No comments:

Post a Comment