Tuesday 9 April 2019

A dream of dad

I woke up this morning
With you dad; in my mind
Just saw you in my dream
You were young; smiling; happy
We had shared a laugh 
As we drove along
The sun was shining down
Glinting upon your dark hair
You were so young and happy
Driving your car; like you did
So many long years ago
It was such a beautiful vision
So unlike your last few months
Ah my darling; I miss you so

I made a wreath for you and mum
I plaited the long green vines
I imagined you and mum together
Your loving arms entwined
Red flowers for your precious love
As true as ever; a gift from above
You are now forever together
Your spirits no longer chained
Here upon this mortal plane
Fly free my darlings; take flight 
As we here remember you; as ever
With love within your beating hearts

17th March 2019




No comments:

Post a Comment