Friday 22 November 2019

Pieces of me


There are pieces of me
Everywhere; here and there
Here inside; in memories
In my children, grandchildren too

A part of me is in Chile
Another few bits and pieces
Here in South Australia
Some in Hungary

I have left pieces of me 
In all those places
Where I have lived 
Over these past 62 years

Other pieces of me
Are shed with my tears
For my mum and dad
Losing them has made me sad

I watched a movie 
Just the other day
"Fences" starring
Denzel Washington
And Viola Davis
Made me cry my tears
Rose cried her tears at the loss 
Of Troy (her husband)

Like her; I realise
How much of me
I surrendered
Over the years
As I grew smaller
Withdrew...
Into myself
Giving up; pieces of myself
Becoming a mere shell
Being someone else...

How is it possible?
To lose so much
Of oneself
To go back into me
To un-grow...
To halt
For so long

Only now am I
Finding myself again
Like a flower bud
In stasis
Now growing
Opening up...

Blooming...
Showing my true colours
Hidden for so long
Here...
Deep within

I like me!
I like this feeling
It's taken me
Most of my life
To get to this place
Where I am 
Almost 
Comfortable 
In my own skin
 
Began 8th September 2019
Finished 23rd November 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment