Saturday 14 March 2020

Around the world in 99 days

I sent the parcel early 
Aiming for Christmas time 
Hoping and a praying 
It would certainly arrive (on time) 
Tracking said they’d got it
Then it said “no way!”
I guess they got that wrong 
What more can I say?
Couldn’t find the address 
Couldn’t deliver it they said 
So it was sent around the world 
What a blasted mess! 
It’s been to Chile my darlings 
It almost got to you... 
Then it went flying off to France 
To Italy too; given half a chance 
Finally, it landed in Japan; on the way 
Oh, that really made my day...
Well it got back this morning
Much battered; fragile to say the least 
So I repacked every Christmas present 
Added a few birthday gifts too
And now; guess what? 
I’m sending it all back to you!
God willing it will make it
God willing it will fly true 
All the way to Chile my darlings 
All the way to you! 

Tuesday 10th March 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment