Saturday 14 March 2020

Beginnings and endings

Begun as a gift for my grandson 
His life just beginning to flower 
Too far away for it to be delivered 
I held it close to my heart; right here
With thoughts upon him, I realized 
In my arms, he will never be held 
Unless some miracle is to be seen 
So now for myself; it's been extended 
As I use its warmth; it is quite clear
Now; working upon this extension 
My mind has turned to my darling dad
Tomorrow will be the first anniversary 
Of his passing; ah God I miss him; my dear 
The centre for my precious darling Gabriel
The conclusion for my dearest dad...
I will feel the warmth of dads arms around me
As I cuddle my grandchildren here; within me
My heart will be enveloped in loving 
Kind thoughts in my soul for reunions
As I slumber right here in my bed...

5th October 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment