Saturday 1 April 2017

Blackberries

Picked some blackberries today
Beside a very busy highway
Fingers purple with their juice
I enjoyed the tangy taste upon my lips
Made me think about our lives...
Do we stop picking blackberries?
Because the thorns get in the way
Or do we get on and accept the pain
Gong back time and time again?
Tasting the sweetness life has to bring 
Along with the bitterness of life's sting

As I sucked the juice from my fingertips 
This much in my life was very clear
I will seek the sweetness of happiness
Though I must accept sadness too...
Nothing comes to us without some pain
No joy can ever be so entertained
With the balance; without the chains

Does the bear not seek for honey in the tree?
Knowing full well that it is never free
Stinging bees will surely find their way 
Making him, for that sweet honey; pay

No comments:

Post a Comment