Monday 12 June 2017

Sweet and sour

Picked a few blackberries
Just the other day
Got stabbed by thorns
As I went along my way
Enjoyed a little bit of peace
Amid a very stormy time
Focused on the job ahead
Breathed; wasted some time
Thought about my life
Thought about my mum
So many difficulties I've overcome
But hey; I'm doing fine
My life has changed
I is no longer the same
But through this turbulence
I have come to see the flame
There is a glow; I feel
Coming from deep within
Through all my struggles
I know that I can win...
Though I have fallen
Though I have slipped anon
Now I am climbing upwards
I am finding my voice
Saying my piece
No longer will I feel dis-ease
No longer will I cringe
For; a strength; is growing 
Right here; no longer numb
I am woman; hear me roar
Finally; I am living free
There is no stopping me...

No comments:

Post a Comment