Monday 12 June 2017

Too much plastic

There's way too much plastic
That we "have" to carry around
Plastic cards for this 
Plastic cards for that
Rewards for buying everything 
Bonus points if you purchase now!
Extra points if you toe the line
Yet, think about the tricks of the trade
5% hardly makes the grade...
Buy, buy, buy! Come look at this
That's the way the whole world works
Coma and get your extra perks
Beware the fine print
Read between the lines
Is the little that you get?
Worth those extra miles?
I'm sick of all these plastic cards!
Sick of all the hype
Sick of being assaulted
Left and right...
Buy one; get one free
Spend your dollars here
Each and every single day...
Yes; every single day of the year
Our senses are bombarded
We are pushed and pulled anon
Confusion is the way of things...
So...I have taken my revenge
Cut up all these cards; thrown them out
I refuse to be thus controlled
I refuse to play marketing games
I am not your puppet; not your slave...

No comments:

Post a Comment