Tuesday 7 November 2017

Moving Shelley

Helped my darling daughter Shelley to move a heap of stuff
Boy was I out of breath and had to puff
Up those stairs and down again
Had me looking like I was about to drop
Must admit I had to stop
Lots of times I sat and rested
But we couldn't let our bodied be bested
We moved that stuff; toted that box
Lifted and moved; dragged and coaxed
Finally we got it done...
We even had a lot of fun...
Thai for lunch down the road
Tasted so good after our load
Swept the pavers; pulled those weeds
That broken broom filled our need
Good for scraping out those tiny weeds
Stuck in between those bricks so tight 
As we struggled with all our might 
All that time we took to load
That trailer full up to the brim
Unloading took but a few minutes 
Then we were stuffed; ready for dinner!

10 October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment