Saturday 27 October 2018

My father's friends at the Berri Club

Called in to the Berri club
On a glorious Thursday night 
Spoke to 2 lovely old gentlemen
Friends of my father; mates at the club
They always enjoyed plying pool together
Almost every Thursday night...
Peter had given dad one of his pool cues
He had a good spare
He watched dad playing with the old ones
He saw that dad was a good player
Felt it a shame that he didn't have a good pool cue
He remembered dad's face as he presented
Him with that special pool cue...
Ross came over to have a chat with me
Asked about my darling dad
How was he doing? Was he getting any better?
Was he going to come home?
We chatted about simple things
As I told them how dad was
Said I didn't think he would go home
As he wasn't interested in going there
He was ready to go to meet his maker
To go back to his first and only love...

Talks with my father's friends 
6th September 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment