Wednesday 26 June 2019

My Easter memories

We didn't have chocolate Easter eggs back in the 1960's
My Aunty Roza made hard boiled eggs coloured with onion skins
In Geelong  at George Koroshazi's place; as a young girl
The traditional blessing with perfume was observed
I didn't like this tradition because I had to give up
The few Easter eggs I did get; to the young men
Who came and sprinkled us with perfume...
we always had Easter egg hunts with my kids
as they were growing up. That was great fun!
The best tradition my family shared was with my dad
He collected plastic coloured "eggs" inside Kinder Surprise chocolates
Filled them with gold coins; every time he went to the Berri Club
He would collect his gold coins so he could fill them up for us
These Easter eggs were our Easter presents from him
God; I miss you my darling!
Wish you were still here celebrating with us this Easter!

20th April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment