Wednesday 26 June 2019

The new shoes

He needed new shoes
The old ones were shabby
I couldn't afford the money
So I prayed; asked maybe
Could you please help me
Cover my poor son's feet
I don't have much money
Struggling to make ends meet

I knew just where to find them
I knew just where to go
For in my head a picture formed
Yes: there: as I brainstormed
I could see them...

So I headed to that op-shop
Headed down Brighton Road
Crossed over that railway track
There was no turning back...

There they were; just waiting

In the right size
Ready for me to purchase
The price I could handle; a prize

Thank you Lord for guidance
Thank you for that day
For sending your dear angels
For answering my prayers

As I took them to my son's place
I was happy to say the least
It may be many months later
He proudly wears them upon his feet

Written 26th May 2019
Purchased 11:58 am  22nd November 2017
Salvos store on Brighton Road 


No comments:

Post a Comment