Monday 25 June 2012

Blessed exhaustion

Why am I always so tired?
My limbs don't want to move
It's almost as if my life;
My body; is set into a groove.
It's so hard to get right out.
I'd like to jump and shout! 
But my energy is sapped,
I really do feel trapped.
Lord you have helped me realise
You are so strong and so wise
I need you always; just to send
Your strength to me; to mend
This poor tired ailing body
As it is all I have to lend.

My soul is truly blessed
By your love in which I rest
Completely in your arms
I surrender to your love
You send it from above
I thank you for your care
Though I feel unworthy
Your dear love; so to bear
This blessing you endow
I can only thank you now
And go on thanking you
So many times each day
For loving me and blessing me
With your beautiful heavenly showers

So thank you Lord; eternally
For every breath I take
I love you Lord and let you know
'Tis only You do make
My days easier to bear
Thank you Lord for loving me
Poor sinner that I am
Giving me your treasures
You bestow upon my heart
Your words do ring and thrum upon
The strings of this dear earthly harp
You bless me with your love
You etch it all in Your own hand
Eternally upon my heart

Your joyous words uplift my heart
I want to sing them out
I will write them all and put them down
To read over and over again
Then pass them round to everyone
To spread Your love round and round
Your love and joy to others
Will I joyfully impart!
Lord, You make my heart soar
You make me everything
That I am and all I need to be
As long as I can know you
I do not need to see
But always will I be
Your servant and your lamb!


No comments:

Post a Comment