Monday 25 June 2012

Crying for all the children

I'm crying for all the children
I just can't stop the tears
They spill down my cheeks like rain
I want to save them all; my dears
And take away their pain


I ache for all the mothers
For all their years of strain
For all their love and sacrifice
I want to save them from all their fears
And make them smile again


Lord let me aid those poor ones
Ease all those hearts that break
Give me strength to help them
Along their journey; soothe their tears
Lighten the loads they take


For all their heartfelt prayers
Give me courage to understand
Help me heal their heartbreak
By listening to their tales
By sharing their hurt and pain


I know I can't help them all
But let me at least try; doing what I can
With your strength and love to guide me
Help me lift them when they fall
And keep them safe from fainting 


Let me serve and uphold your word dear Lord
You've been with me all my life
I ache to be like you; Dear One; you've carried me those times
You were there for me in all those trying hours
When I fell down myself; couldn't get up again


How I long to draw them to me Lord
Like you have taught I should
No matter what their problems
I accept them all dear Lord
For this is all our need


Help me; help me Lord
Before it is too late
I know you wait so patiently
But I beg you still to wait
They don't understand your plans


If only one more hour Lord
Just one more little hour
Let them gather at your gate
I ache for all the children Lord
That they may not be too late


As I watch the world a turning
Time passes by so fast
I see the people hurrying by
They will not hear your word Lord
They are blinded by their lives


They think not of each other
They think only of themselves
They carry on alone
They feel they are okay
And continue not the fight


I cry out loud but no-one hears
Nobody wants to see my tears
Nobody wants to hear my words
They only want what they want
They are surrounded by their fears


I pray and you do answer Lord
To you I surrender all my fears
I know you are all-patient Lord
You know what I need
You know before I ask


You know my heart inside of me Lord
You know me inside out
I am transparent to your eyes
I cannot hide from you my Lord
I know you see my faith


I do not doubt you my Lord
It is the world that hurts
My heart is strong with you inside
My prayers are all I have to give
To help this sighing earth









No comments:

Post a Comment