Sunday 19 June 2016

Freedom of speech

So sad to see that many have not
Freedom of life, nor freedom of speech
So sad to see that many profess freedom
Yet question another's supposed free choices
They do not want to hear another's voices
Singing out: ringing from the rooftops
They cling to old beliefs and sling mud at all
Who choose to be different: magnificent
In their fearlessness in saying: hey
I believe in Jesus Christ: my price
He paid: also yours: it is your choice!
Would you still that quiet voice within?
Should you suffer to remain unheard?
Why not profess the feelings of your heart?
Why indeed should I be told to hold
My tongue: it speaks of Jesus' love
Come from heaven up above: by Jove
I must say what is in my heart
I must share these glad tidings 
While yet I might speak: not squeak
Timidly: quietly profess my soul's desire
My voice on fire: I gladly shout out loud
I love the Lord who gave for me
His life upon that painful tree
Come one, come all, hear me out
I only wish to share His love...
Gladly shout out to all about
Jesus came to save...


No comments:

Post a Comment