Wednesday 8 June 2016

Three score years and ten (70 years maybe we'll have)

Three score years and ten!
The average age allotted men
I've almost gotten to sixty years 
What lies ahead for me?
How far have I travelled now?
How long do I have left to live?
Upon this simple scale I look
Wonder at these blessings given me 
In truth; I guess I must reconcile
That none of us are immortal...
So how long upon this earth I ask?
Is the lifespan of any mere mortal?
I've been through so many years
When times were sad its true 
But now I must look ahead 
Now I must understand 
How important it is to simply "be"
And enjoy whatever time is left to me
There is no time to be wasted 
This one life is all I have 
No time for procrastination
Let go of past hurts 
Allow the dust to settle dear
Forgive those who offered hurt 
Instead of compatibility 
Look forward to these golden years 
Accept what peace is offered me 
Take the hand of friendship love 
Don't waste another minute dear
Because this moment is all there is...


No comments:

Post a Comment