Sunday 5 June 2016

Soul Traveller

My soul mate is just a simple man
Sent into my life: just as God planned
No superhuman being: no superman
Just another soul who has travelled far
Been tossed about upon life's treadmill
Not too young: nor too old: not over the hill
A nature lover: a deep thinker to be sure
Seeking spirituality: seeking to understand
How life works: how people think and act
Very down to earth: very matter of fact
Enjoying the simple things in life
Not here to cause another; any strife
Someone who appreciates a good sunrise
Learned yet still interested in learning more
Knows a lot of things considered worldly wise
Always willing to listen to another point of view
Happy to walk a mile or two in another's shoes
Confident enough to laugh at himself; you know
Doesn't have a lot; knows "things" are valueless
It's all about living in harmony: with nature; I vow
He makes me feel so very alive: I must confess
He brings me so much contentment; happiness
It is so easy to simply be myself: we are blessed
I pray that we will have the time to be together
Until the end: until one or both of us are called
Let laughter in: let joy be one: Oh Lord I cried
When sadness came to break me down: now
His strong arms hold me close; I feel at home
Here I hope to stay; let all past pain go away
For I know my soul mate has come to stay
Let us please be happy for ever and a day... 



No comments:

Post a Comment