Wednesday 8 June 2016

Yesterday

My heart was heavy from the start 
How, could it be any other way?
When thinking of you my dear mother...
As there in the hospital you lay
Tightness in my chest; pain in my head
Feelings for your continued suffering...
Fear for your life; unknown dread
Such crazy thoughts all swirling...
There; within my silly human head
Yet the voice of reason came to say
"She's alive right now my darling
Just be thankful for each day 
You never know what life will bring 
Why waste your time worrying away"
It's true you know; I acknowledged 
Life is fleeting at its very best 
Take hold of what joy is given
Remember to feel thankful; blessed
So instead of feeling miserable 
I looked at all the good
These special times yet to be shared
Fond memories; my food 
For thought; my treasures 
I'd rather think of all the good...
I thanked the Lord for everything 
I prayed and gave Him my pain 
Knowing that He; is my unearthly king
Rejoicing that soon He will come again


No comments:

Post a Comment