Thursday 18 August 2016

Encounters with angels

I've had many encounters 
With God's heavenly angels 
Ever since I was a little girl 
Many times I've felt them 
Knew they were right there 
Watching over me; protecting me
Saving me from my own stupidity 
I often wonder if I truly knew
Just exactly how many times
I have been saved from disaster 
By my guardian angels; my carers
Oh how many times I've imagined
Their faces as they watched me fall
Watched me tempt fate as I stumbled
Through this journey called "Life"
Just over a year ago they saved my life
I felt the tingle as they gripped my arm 
Warning me of danger up ahead
I slowed down and watched 
That massive truck come hurtling 
Through the hills; taking up 
Both lanes of that narrow bridge 
Thank you dear ones for saving me
Thank you Lord for your messengers 
Thank you Lord for loving me
Terrible sinner that I be...


No comments:

Post a Comment