Friday 19 August 2016

Lost but never alone

I've felt lost for quite a while 
Seem to have forgotten how
To be happy; how to be glad 
But now as I look around
I realise I have so very much
To be thankful for; here's the score
I have my beautiful children
My gorgeous grandchildren
My parents are still alive
Though they are not well
Many are worse off; what the hell
I am lucky to be alive
Lucky to have survived to a good age
Lucky to have good friends
Lucky to have a roof over my head
Lucky to have enough to eat
To have clothes to wear
A warm bed to sleep in
There are many on this earth
Who suffer pain from birth
Who go without so many things
Ah dear Lord you give me wings
I am thankful for all gifts you bring
Forgive me please for descending
For lacking faith; for sinking low
Help me; lift me up; grant me peace
I open up this heart and soul
Beg your forgiveness; beg for grace
To return to your dear side a pace
I cannot do it without your grace
Let me please see your glowing face
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment