Tuesday 16 August 2016

Renew my hope

Renew my hope oh my Lord
Renew a right spirit within me
Cleanse my soul oh my Lord
Empty my heart of all my fears
Lift up my spirits oh my Lord
Take me up into lofty heights
I have been lost for long enough
I have turned away from thee
Have slipped into the very depths
Sadness has been my downfall
Disbelief my companion; yes
I have failed those around me too
Have given in to black despair
But a new hope is springing forth
Rainbow spreading across dark skies
For I know you are with me Lord
Your angels are near me still
And as I kneel and pray my Lord
Your answers to my questions will
Be given; I hear your blessed voice
"Fear not my precious daughter
Have courage; be strong; hang on
My hand is reaching for yours
My hand is extended in good will
I hear your prayers my daughter
I see your tears; know your pain
Please allow my strength to conquer
Your weakness I cover still
Know you are not forgotten
Peace comes to those
Who hear my voice still!"

No comments:

Post a Comment