Monday 8 August 2016

Unravelling starting over

Half the blanket is unravelled
Half is still intact
I found a few different rows 
Weaker that the rest
Each time I pulled upon them
Each time any pressure came
It all fell apart within my hands
Guess it will never be the same
These broken lengths seem useless
They cannot be used again
Unless I tie them all in knots
Tie them up and tie them up again
My life is like unto this blanket
There are so many coloured rows
But now as I pull them all apart
This is how my story goes...
I can redo the whole blanket
I can go back to the very start
But in pulling it all apart
Guess I can start it all again
But this time I've learned my lesson
This time there will be no weaker link
I will discard the broken pieces
Use only the strongest, purest wool
Those pieces that do not break
At the very slightest pull
The colours are still the same
Dye lots and pretty colour scheme
But this time I'll change the rows
Add more variation
Add a few different purples; greens
Give it all a new life
A fresh look; brought back
Into this; my life; once again

No comments:

Post a Comment