Friday 20 October 2017

Baring my soul

I am sharing my inner most pain
Because I have to let it go again
The things I have held inside for years
Are bringing me to tears
But I cannot hold it in any longer
As I let each pain and fear escape
It only makes me stronger
Yes! I was molested as a little girl
Yes! It changed the way I see the world
Yes it hurt so much to hold it in
But now I must let it go; this life of sin...
So as I share these darkest things
Please don't judge me as I begin
This journey must take place
This emptying of pain; this cleansing rain
Though painful to say the very least
I must release this terrible beast
It has eaten at my soul for years
It has followed me from west to east
Now as I finally cast these words upon the seas
I ask for understanding if you please
Just let me empty out this rubbish bin
Just let me loose this pain from within
I cannot hide it any longer
I must get it out to grow stronger
So lend your hearts and ears a while
Help me bare my soul a while
Listen and yes please understand
This was never as I would have planned
Tough my heart was troubled for so long
Now as I give it up to God: He understands
He has already washed me clean
His blood and tears were shed for me
Now as I cry these salty tears for me
For that innocent child I used to be
Though they number million; drops in the sea
The peace I seek will comfort me
And though I was close to drowning underneath
I will rise above the breakers; yes indeed
For my Lord and saviour is right here with me...

26 September 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment