Friday 20 October 2017

I love my kids and I always will

I love my kids and always will. I know they are not perfect! 
I know they have faults! I am not perfect! Never said I was!
I am not a clean freak! I am not good at keeping house!
I used to care about that but I guess it got to the point where
it all became too much for me. Somewhere along the way, 
keeping the peace in my family took it all out of me.
All this anger is coming out of me now; anger at the way 
I was treated by my own husband for many years...
Anger at the unfairness of a society where "men know better".
and treat women like they they are stupid simply because of their 
sex. Anger at all the injustices in this world. Anger at my mum's illness.
Anger at he unfairness of life! Anger at having to sit by and watch 
my daughter stress because no matter how she does it; it is never 
done the way it should have been done! If she does it this way,
it should have been done that way! If she tries to say what is wrong 
it gets brushed over as irrelevant. "oh that's not how it is at all! 
You don't know what you're talking about!"
Well it's time to say my piece! I love my kids but I tell them the truth 
if I feel they are doing the wrong thing. I don't want them end up dead 
because of bad habits. But in all honesty I cannot stand by when I see 
injustice being done! I have to stand up for what is right no matter 
how much shit will hit the fan. I have to tell the truth even if it hurts me!
It is unfair that women are expected to do as they are told; without being
listened to! Without having their say. Then when they have the guts 
to explain how they are feeling; they are abused and told they are talking crap.
Please, just listen for once and try to understand what is being said
without prejudice. Without getting defensive because your macho ego
is being questioned. please, just once try to SEE from another person's 
point of view in a fair way. Is that too much to ask? God, please get through 
to people's brains and give all women a fair go before we all go nuts and start
a fricking revolution! Like planet of the Apes but in this case: planet of the unheard women!

23 September 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment