Monday 7 June 2021

How things have changed 3 April 2021

Mum and dad are long gone 
Tim and Nana Evelyn too
Alec is still a grumpy old shit 
And I never get to see Hugh 
Deb died at 51; on her birthday 
Aunty Clare by Christmas 2012
Vanessa and her family are in Chile 
All my grandchildren so far away...
Michael’s moved to Geelong 
To make a new life for himself 
Shelley and Josh in Blakeview
It’s only 2 hours up the road...

Found peace in my surroundings 
As I now call Goolwa home 
Enjoying all she has to offer 
As we drive around; roam
Great company; much laughter
Following these amazing shores...
Got the Great Southern Ocean 
The mighty Murray River too
Lake Alexandrina, Lake Albert...
The South East is always calling 
Life beckons me onward 
So much more living yet to do...

3rd April 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment