Friday 4 April 2014

Four weeks

It's been four weeks
Since you went away
I think about you honey
Every single day
I try to stay positive
I try to stay happy
But some days my love
Just seem so bloody crappy
I'm trying to look around me
Trying to see the good
But some days are just plain rotten
And I can't seem to lift my mood
What keeps me going
When the day is rough
Are the little things I remember
About our life together love
Still the days are moving on
Some drag more than other ones
I just have to keep moving along
Though I really don't want to
Our children's love is wonderful
We talk of you often and when
Our grand children kiss my cheek
I wish your cheek was here to kiss too
But you know how it is my love
The nights seem so long: never ending
It is then that sleeplessness takes control
Leaving me tossing and turning
I wake up feeling so tired like
I haven't slept at all: leaving me yearning

No comments:

Post a Comment