Friday 11 April 2014

Missing you

One pillow: upon a great big bed
Empty space: where you used to lay your head
I spent last night in this bed: all alone
In this house: that used to our home
The early dawn's first light: came streaming inside
As I slept: I could no longer hide
Since you've been gone: I struggle on alone
No longer will you ever come on home
We planted trees together: all around this place
Now you will never see them grow: not a chance
I know you were getting way too tired
Everything was too difficult: so you expired
It doesn't seem fair that I must go on alone
Forever missing you: no more calls on the telephone
Oh honey: why did you have to do it?
Couldn't we have tried harder: gotten through it?
Could you not have carried on another day?
Oh honey: could you see no other way?
You spent 26 years here at Sedan with me
Now: your face: I will no longer see
You've left us: your whole family!
Left us reeling: left us crying: guiltily
We are all so sad: thinking: wondering!
Could we have done something: anything?
Differently: maybe halted time: what bliss!
Maybe changed some words: given another kiss!
It doesn't seem fair that life continues on
All around us: everything has changed for our son
Our daughters cry: bemoan the fact
That you could do such a callous act
How could you want to leave us all?
How could you leave us under such a pall?
The world seems darker: without you in it
If only I could turn back time: put you back in it!
See you walking through that open door
Hear your voice: calling out to me once more!

2 comments: