Wednesday 23 April 2014

White lace and promises

Its been almost 35 years since we said "I do"
In another month our anniversary is due
I guess I'll have to stop the counting
No more time is left for me and you

Our days together I will always remember
Just like any another stormy September 
We had our ups and downs: tears and frowns
We had our joys and gladness: even a little madness

On the 26th of May 1979 we made our vows
Just like Karen Carpenter sang in "We've only just begun"
We promised to love each other
Promised to take care of each other
Promised to love and honour one another

I'm sorry I had trouble with one word
"Obey" was something you kept reminding me of
But I guess I was stubborn: always have been!
Sometimes I guess I didn't think you deserved it
Stubborn child and teen that I was: reserved it
For my Lord in heaven up above
I wasn't prefect: neither were you!

I always tried to do things my way
What more can I really say?
I did the very best I could
Just like any human being would
Stuck by you through thick and thin
Looking back I'm sure you'd grin!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment