Monday 17 October 2016

Renovation rescue

I'm taking it all back to the basics
Down to the skeleton beneath
Right back to those bare bones inside me
I'm renovating the structures of my life
This cleansing; refreshing; catharsis
This new sensing of my reality
No longer am I the person I was
This ghost of my life; once residing
Within the child that was me
I am exorcising; I want to be free
No longer am I tormented...
I am finally where I want to be
This whole new flame within me
Right here; right under my skin
No longer am I the scared child within
I have broken down my fences
I have torn down those enclosing walls
No more fears; no more pretences
Confined I will no longer be
I am no longer that scared teenager
Frightened of life before me
No longer the old "fate blamer"
Now I am the lion tamer
Long hard whip in my grasp
Can't you see?
I'm taking control of my life dear
Letting go of past anger; hurts; unease
I will renovate my existence
Claim all of life's dues
Look forward to more than subsistence
Yes; I am moving forward
Ready to grab life by the horns
Look it in those dark eyes
I look forward to bright sunshine
To glorious azure blue skies
No longer the scared little girl
I am opening a whole new world...



No comments:

Post a Comment