Tuesday 11 October 2016

Where the river meets the sea

Like a youthful river: we are
Damaging; erosive; turbulent
Until; in seeking to find our inner level
We calm down; grow up; feel free

Like its narrow V-shaped channel
We are narrow minded; seeing only
What our youthful eyes want to see
Fast moving; we only seek to be free

In our in-between stage; supposed maturity
We may be slower; travel at a gentler pace
Through life's undulating landscape; more hilly 
Seldom escaping from life's gravity; this rat race

Life; like a river; must finally slow down
Broad banked; relaxed, calm in its consistency
Wide flood plain; gentle sloping banks; slowing down
Gently meandering; seeking peace gracefully

Ah my life; like unto a mighty river
Now it finally seems clear to me
There within my fading vision
Here; at last; I've found my sea...













No comments:

Post a Comment