Monday 15 January 2018

Conditioned

Without realising it
We are all 'conditioned'
By our world...
By our surroundings...
By our family...
By our friends...
It all depends upon
What we allow...

As children we are taught 
"Conditioned"
Told how to act
How to behave
Mind your manners
Tell the truth
Do as I say
Constant reproof

At school
Sit down and listen
Stop talking 
Sit still
Do as I say
Learn this
Learn that 

As a woman
Under the thumb
Conditioned to behave
Taught to act
Like a slave
He says; Do as I say
Every single day

Horse training
Conditioned to the rein
Conditioned to the saddle
Conditioned to the bit
Conditioned to the weight 
It all depends upon 
How low the person sits

In the military
A person is broken
By control
Can't even blow your nose
When you're on patrol

In the prison camp
Demoralised
Starved
Despised
Beaten down
Can barely stand

Break their spirit
Break them down
Make them take notice
Establish your dominance
Make them feel like they're nothing
Don't have the right to be heard
Impressed upon them
That what you say is...
Correct and should be followed

After all these years I am still in thrall
Yes; you still control me from the grave
But from now on I will have to fight 
Yes; I must continue; I must be brave...









No comments:

Post a Comment