Wednesday 10 January 2018

First year anniversary of mum's passing

Mum's been gone 1 year now
I miss her so very, very much
Just re-potted her Dianthus flowers
Makes me feel like we're still in touch
Planted a few herbs in her honour
Some tomato; parsley; basil and such
Memories returning from the past
Of her little gardens; flowers too
Camelia, fuchsia, and hibiscus plants
Planted along the fence line; true
Both in Moorook; Kingston-on-Murray
And in Berri; these herbs she ever used
Fresh from her little garden
These; her culinary delights
Made our meals so very tasty
I remember those days and nights
I miss you my dearest darling
I think of you each and every day
I wish I could still see you
I wish I could hear you say
"I love you my dearest darlings"
As you took care of us
Each and every blessed day...

28/12/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment