Wednesday 10 January 2018

Dear Mum

Ah God; I miss you mum
Can't believe you're gone

It's nearly one year now
And sometimes; I feel so alone
You were always there for me
No matter what I'd done
As a child you held me close
We had so much loving fun
While dad was much more playful
You had to be the tough one

As a teenager I rebelled; I know
I wanted to follow my own drum
I guess I wasn't the best daughter
I guess I wasn't the obedient one
But I respected you; never said a bad word
I adored my dad; like any girl; hun
You were ever the strongest one
I respected you; above any in the world

I just found your photograph
That loving face of yours
Those deep brown eyes; yes
In your eyes; your love shone
On my wedding day; it was captured
As you stood beside me
What a blessed soul you were
Taking care of everyone

I can see your strong hands moving
Cooking, creating, you were amazing 
All those things you made for everyone
Knitting needles clicking; your love appearing 
In colourful jumpers; dresses too
Ah mum; I am undone...
Tears slip from my eyes now
As I remember them; yes; everyone!

You welcomed your grandchildren
Loved them all; we had such fun
Christmas time; birthdays
Others; you always outshone
Cooking up a feasting frenzy
Preparing our favourite things
Knowing how we adored you
And the doting grandma you'd become

Great grandchildren came along
Ah how you adored their smiles
Enchanted by their beautiful faces
And all their precious wiles
Every visit was so precious to us
As the years began to pass
Knowing of your illness; progressing 
Every beautiful moment; we grasped

I miss you my darling mum
I miss so many things
I have you here in my memories
I have you here in my beating heart
Never will I forget you
Ever will your love remain
As long as I am living; breathing
Your love; in here; I will retain!

Rest in peace
24/06/1938 to 28/12/2016

23rd December 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment