Thursday 26 April 2018

Facebook friends

I used to think I needed 
Lots of Facebook friends
I used to feel so very lost
And needed to make amends
I set myself a goal to reach
I was out to reach those heights
Yes I was determined to get 5000 friends
Thinking it would make things right 
But along with this milestone
Another major problem arose
They became a heavy millstone
Around my neck; I do suppose
They all wanted to take some time
To chat and pass the time of day
But I just couldn't find that time
So I have had to give many away

I no longer have time to waste
There are so many more things to see and do
I have found a much more fulfilling life
These truths I am now telling you

Yes: I keep in touch with my closest friends
Though we are separated by long miles
I take a look at many posts here and there
I am able to enjoy everyone's many smiles
But I no longer feel such emptiness
For sadness no longer confronts me
And I am able to enjoy each and every new day








No comments:

Post a Comment